At just 18-years-old, Kay Flock brims with energy and is hungry to be the best he can be. Hailing from New York City, the young, explosive drill rapper’s talent is instantly heard on tracks like “Not In The Mood” with fellow New York native Lil Tjay.
Witnessing his contributions to NYC’s revitalized drill wave, “Not in the Mood” earned Flock his first Billboard Top 100 nod, reaffirming that his once surreal aspirations of a music career are now in the palm of his hand.
Experiencing a stratospheric ascension in 2021 — accumulating nearly 3 million Spotify monthly listeners — Kay Flock is at his best slurring honest, street-centric bars with unmatched vitality and finesse. On tracks like “Is Ya Ready,” “Brotherly Love” and “Being Honest,” Kay’s attention to detail is miles ahead of his time — regardless of his age.
🔰 𝗢𝗚𝗠 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗩𝗜𝗘𝗪 🔰— Our Generation Music (@OGMusicCo) November 3, 2021
.@kayflockaa chopped it up with #OGM host @ayoohakeem to speak on “Not In The Mood,” #RollingLoudNYC, his debut mixtape & more! ⬇️
READ + WATCH: https://t.co/pymqj49BGv pic.twitter.com/qr29CJYn9L
With only a handful of singles to his name, Flock is preparing his debut mixtape, The DOA Tape, for release this Friday (Nov. 5). As his first project looms closer, Flock spoke on the importance of enjoying the experience and shared his refreshingly genuine appreciation of his craft in his OGM interview.
Furthering the momentum built on stage at Rolling Loud – New York, Kay Flock detailed his newfound success and how he maintains a level head, as he brings his life-changing triumphs back to his home borough.
Unfazed by the fame associated with his success, Kay Flock aims to take his seat at the table of the new wave’s leaders out of NYC — reiterating his approach of “going with the flow.”
While Kay Flock continues to grow right before our eyes, he sat down with OGM host Hakeem Rowe in his first-ever solo interview to discuss “Not In The Mood,” Rolling Loud, Billboard placements, giving back to his community, his debut project and much more in this Our Generation Music exclusive interview.
Watch Kay Flock’s OGM exclusive below!
- 1:20 How is Kay Flock handling the rapid rise and breakthrough on his career
- 1:58 How long Kay Flock has been recording music for
- 2:20 Kay Flock’s favorite moments thus far
- 3:03 The inspiration behind Kay Flock giving back immediately from the start
- 4:45 Putting his whole hood on
- 5:52 Charting at 61 on Billboard
- 6:05 Verse done in 5 minutes
- 8:00 the energy leading into taking the stage at Rolling Loud
- 10:41 Samples Kay Flock won’t approach
- 11:00 Capitalizing on Tik Tok & Triller
- 13:47 Kay Flock playing out an unreleased single using auto-tune
- 15:57 Kay Flock’s guilty pleasure on what he listens to in private,
- 16:48 feeling goofy listening to old school music
- 17:20 Open to Miley Cyrus collaboration
- 17:40 Favorite movies
- 18:40 LA reminds Kay Flock of GTA
- 20:00 White Rice a staple
- 21:00 What race is Kay Flock
- 21:30 open to Learning Spanish
- 22:25 Kay Flock’s creative process and beat selection
- 23:31 Live Performance passing up J Cole at Rolling Loud
- 22:55 Freestyle and Punching in
- 24:22 the importance of going with the flow – Message to Our Generation